Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why I love to learn English... Why I love G.E.O...

Frankly speaking, I don’t like learning English. But I do like talking with foreigners. I also want to travel abroad alone, and English is also useful when traveling. One of the reasons that I am studying English is to accomplish my dream to travel around the world like Han Bi Ya. Another goal I have is to enjoy and have fun while learning the English language.



Han Bi Ya, a celebrated Korean travel writer, relief worker and poverty reduction, refugee advocate.
She has published a number of best-selling travel books and lead the Emergency Relief Team for World Vision Korea


I thought that G.E.O was only composed of conversation lectures and so I was going to take the classes and do homework like what is usually done in an English Academy conversation program. But the G.E.O program was completely different. I feel like I am in a little college in America. I joined a club, experienced Halloween party culture firsthand. I think an important aspect of language acquisition is the English only environment which Korean students in G.E.O adheres to. Also in G.E.O Korean students meet foreign and Korean students alike. I met a lot of foreign students at the English Clinic and during the club activities. I also met Korean students in class, club, party, and in O.B.F cafe. I think friends are the most important asset for me. G.E.O is giving me these chances. That is why I love G.E.O.


by: Baek Ji Yeon and Jo Eun Jeong, GEO Class 2-2, Professor Jerry Tumlinson's class