Monday, July 16, 2012

Our new CGSS Friends Exposed – Part 4

Leo with GEO friends,
pausing for a picture after they enjoyed their meal in Space
(a restaurant near CUK that is famous for their gongbi-bibimbap)

Aside from Grace, who was featured in our first article for the "Our new CGSS Friends Exposed" series, we have Leo, another friend from Taiwan. (For those who don't know, Taiwan is a neighboring country of Korea. Like South Korea, it is also part of East Asia. The distance of Korea to Taiwan is just 914.5miles/1471.7 kilometers and it only takes you two hours and three minutes via plane. )

Check out what Leo has to say about himself, GEO and his country.

1. Personal details
Name : Leo Chu (Chu-Yun-Peng~ My Chinese name :D).
Nickname : Leo.
Hometown : Taipei, Taiwan.
Length of stay in Korea : Around a month.
School/ Course : Tunghai University / International Business.
Terms of tenure in CUK (Exchange student? Masters student?) : Short term exchange student.

2. What are your likes and dislikes?
I like to communicate with people, traveling around and tea time :).

3. What keeps you busy during your spare time?
I play volleyball and hang out with friends... Reading ~

4. What is your impression about Korea? What do you like most about Korea?
The food and people here are so nice!! It's really a good opportunity for me to learn and see everything that I just see on TV in Taiwan. I like the food, the scenery spots and all my friends here. Also, I love the way they talk, the shows .... There are still many things that are still to be discovered!!!

Leo and fellow CGSS friends during their Korean culture field trip


5. What is your impression of CUK and its Vision of becoming and International Hub?
The environment of the campus is quite good, and the supporters of the International Hub are nice and patient as well. Things are going good and I think I can learn a lot through this program !!

6. Expectations from GEO, GEO students
Hope I can sharpen my English skills during this program and bring joy to the students in the class. Also, I want to let them know more about Taiwan ( The first class I attended, there was a student that mixed up Taiwan with Thailand....). Hope I can know more about Korea and their culture via this nice project!!

7. Things you want to impart to readers
I'm here to learn Korean language and to experience the life in another country. Also, I'd like to do some travels and shopping during this month :).

8. Message to GEO 18 students
I do hope that they can be better in English. If they try hard to learn and speak, I believe that someday they will be good at it !!!