Monday, October 29, 2012

Best lessons from your family (Student's Blog)

Five of the students of Prof. Peter (Class 1-3) share their insights and experiences on what are the best lessons you can get from your family.


Student's Entry #1

The best lesson that my parents ever taught me is: "Haste makes waste."

I am very impetuous. So often I ask for impossible request from my parents. For example, even though I have enough money, I ask my mother for more money.

When my mother is working on something, she says "please wait! After I finish my work, I will send money to your bankbook"

But I always don't wait and bother my mother more. Then my mother gets angry and she shouts to me "I will never send any money to you!" After I heard my mother shouting, I also shout back "why?!!!" As a result, we end up fighting and she never gives money to me.

On the other hand, if I respond calmly and say: “Okay mom, I will wait." Then there is no reason for us to fight and she gives me what I want. I realized that not being in haste can lead to happy endings. It means, if I don't haste, I get good result.

Therefore my motto is "Haste makes waste".


by You Seung Eun


Student's Entry #2


I have a near relative who graduated from University. When I entered a University, she told me to enjoy my college life. When I was a freshman, there was no need to study hard. But she said that "You must play little and also study English hard." 


Nowadays, it is important to learn English to get employed; I also need to study English too. My grandmothers used to say she always thinks that my behavior is right. I know that it is because she loves me very much. When I was young, she always praised me about what I am doing. In addition, my mother said, "Whatever you do, do your best." This advice was very impressive to me. Therefore I believe myself and always do my best.

by Park Sung Hee



Student's Entry #3

When I was young, I was on a national taekwondo team. Every day, I practiced taekwondo very hard. But, suddenly my parent said, “Are you still doing taekwondo? You should study instead of doing Taekwondo!” So I had started to study. But unfortunately, I could not pass university entrance exam. At that time, I was desperate. So I asked my teacher for some advice. “What can I do? I’m not good at studying. I don't know what to do!” Then my teacher said to me. “You can do it. Just don’t give up!” 


Because of what she said to me, I didn't give up studying and kept studying hard.

As a result I could pass the exam successfully.

Now, I realized that ‘don’t give up’ means ‘success!’


by Jeong Hyun Kyo



Student's Entry #4

I was 11 years old, when my homeroom teacher gave me an assignment. The topic of the assignment was to set a motto for ourselves. He wanted all of us students to have our own motto. That was the first time I thought about my motto.

When I went home that day, I thought about it very seriously. But I had no idea what my motto would be, so I asked my father for help. I said “Father, my teacher gave me an assignment but, I don’t know what I should do. It is so difficult for me to understand.” Then, he advised me: “Hun Seong, your grandfather always said to me ‘that you can do things by yourself’.” And he recommended me to remember this motto too. He also, wanted me to do all the things by myself. From that time to now days, my father always encourages me to do everything on my own.

So from now on, my motto is ‘I CAN DO IT’, anything in my life, I know that there is nothing that I cannot do.

by Cho Hon Seung


Student's Entry #5


My father always emphasizes the need of one's effort. So, my family tries very hard to produce good results. If I do my best, it will have a positive influence on me regardless of the results. My father thinks that doing my best is the most important thing. Therefore, I work harder for myself regardless of bad outcomes.

I remember the second lesson in my life. When I was in high school, I talked about my worries with my friend. Then my friend advised to me. She said, "Even though you don't like to do something, you should do it."

As a result, whenever I face some hardships, I do my best to overcome those difficulties.


by Moon Ji Yeon

No comments: