Wednesday, August 27, 2014

GEO28 Excellence Award: Trip to UK (Part 1)



by Ko Yo Han (고요한)

Thanks to GEO, I had an opportunity to plan my own trip and travel by  myself. It is a great experience. I feel and learn many things. At first, I was a little afraid going to a place I’ve never been and that speaks only English, but  as soon as I got on the plane I thought ‘let’s think of it as a bigger GEO.’ And then I felt comfortable.

The first thing I felt when I arrived in London was that everything was so small! The airport, subway, stations, buildings, and etc. Especially the subway was so small that it looked like a toy. When people are sitting across each other there was really little space left to go pass them. Anyway, as time went by the things that looked small and odd to me started  to look like the beauty of England. The antique style  buildings went really well with the modern buildings, and the structure was beautiful. Also, I could  see frugal and simple lifestyle of English people. They were  nice and looked like they are enjoying their life. Many  people here are crazy about football like me. These days it is the beginning of the football season so you can see a lot  of people wearing uniforms and talking about football on the  street. You can easily hear Barcelona, Man UTD and etc!! When I saw these people I felt ‘oh, yes I AM in England!’ and got excited.



I went to Standford Bridge Stadium and got to stand on the grass and take a photo where the players make contracts. London is full of historical and famous places. And I could go anywhere  with just a map. First, I went to Hyde Park which was really  big and made me feel like I’m not in a city. It was kind of like a Seoul  forest in Korea. I rented a bike and went around the park. I  saw squirrels and other animals. I could refresh myself.

Then in two days I went to the tourist’s attractions. Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey which has been designated as a UNESCO world heritage,  Regent St. the street that is so beautiful and romantic,  London eye that made me feel like as if I was in a  movie. I want to say  thank you again to GEO for giving me this great chance.


Post by Geo Cuk.

***

Ko Yo Han (고요한) is a GEO 28 Excellence Award recipient. The Catholic University of Korea International Language Center (ILEC) awarded him a trip to the UK in Summer of 2014 as a recognition for his achievement.

No comments: