Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GEO 15′s Times Square Field trip – A Day to Remember

During GEO vacation camps, GEO students enjoy alternative activities to help them use English in different venues, to speak the language with a variety of people. One of these activities is the GEO field trip. This GEO 15, students went to Times Square. for most of the students, it is their first time to go to the place. They are very happy to have the opportunity to bond with a various people.

Hyeong kuk shares “I think the field trip to Times Square was a novelty. It was my first time to visit Times Square.”

Jin imparts “On January 20, all of the GEO students went to Times Square for a field trip. We made a short film. That was a very interesting experience. That experience helped us to know more about Time Square. I am sure that all the GEO students had a wonderful experience.”

Hyung jun discloses “When I heard that we are going to Time Square, I became interested. Because I have never been to Time Square. For me, the field trip is a whole lot of fun and interesting. In the future, I want to go Time Square again”.

Se min reveals “This was the first time I had ever been to Time Square. Now I have many memories to build from. I was a little ashamed because I should speak English in the Time Square. I’m not very good at it, but I manage to speak confidently. The activity is really enjoyable.”

Jong Hee reports “I made an impression at a field trip. I got hurt on my leg. That’s why I cannot move well. No one at GEO even considered the condition of my leg. I was angry a lot but my classmates took care of me much. I appreciated that.“

Min Woo recounts “For me, the field trip was a real adventure trip. Our home room went to Time Square via subway. When I arrived at Yeongdongpo station, I realized that I left my bag in the subway. So, I went to station office, and asked the station staff for help. Forty minutes later, I heard the news that my bag was in Jongno sam- ga station. I went to Jongno sam- ga station and got my bag back. I was greatly relieved and went to Time Square to join field trip. It was long day for me. But thank God that everything went well.”

Hyung Ha relates “I think field trip was exciting. It was the first time that we ate lunch together with everyone who joined GEO. It was good to me because I could feel the togetherness of the group. We felt free to shared our feelings about classes, clubs and field trip.”

Surely, for every member of Class 1-2, GEO 15′s Times Square Field trip is definitely A Day to Remember…

The whole Class 1-2 smiles widely as they take their picture in Times Square
The whole Class 1-2 smiles widely as they take their picture in Times Square

from GEO Class 1-2 (Prof. Jerry Tumlinson and TA Boram Kang )