Monday, October 17, 2011

I love my TV club


My club is ‘TV club’, every Thursday four to five in the afternoons. I heard about a lot about TV club from my GEO friends. TV club was really fun, because they showed many episodes of dramas, soap operas, sitcoms, and teenage dramas, like Gossip Girl. I am really excited about it.

TV club poster made by TA Dee and TA Marnel

During the first session, when I arrived at class room, there was two teaching assistants (TA). Desks were also lined up. The T.A. grouped one guy and one girl each as a group. After few minutes, our class started. We listened to the explanation about what the TV club is all about, what to do, and so on. At the beginning of the class, we did not know each other, so we played a game introducing myself to my partner for 30 seconds, and then we changed our partner. It was easy and fun. When the game was finished, my classmates and I got to know each other. We were very much acquainted and remembered each other’s faces very well.

During the following class, we watched one episode about gossip. The episode showed us how gossip becomes widely known by a lot of people. After watching, we played a game. The rule was simple. First person made a rumor, and next person added detailed things about the rumor. After playing game, we said ‘good bye!’ and came back to the dormitory.

I always look forward to our meetings in our TV club. I hope to learn a lot about different TV dramas and at the same time have fun learning English.

Article written by: Hye-gyung Hyun

from GEO Class 4-3 (Prof. Tom Kim and TA Minjae Park)