Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Our new CGSS Friends Exposed – Part 6


Continuing our Get to know your CUK Global Summer School friend. We have Christine from Taiwan to share something about her and some encouraging words to our dear GEO 18 students.

Check out what she have for you...

1. Personal details
Name: Christine (Chun Ting) Huang
Nickname: Chrissy
Hometown: TAIWAN
Length of stay in Korea: One Month
School/ Course: FU JEN Catholic University/ Clinical Psychology
Terms of tenure in CUK (Exchange student? Masters student?): 2012 CGSS program international student

2. What are your likes and dislikes?
I like tasty food, romantic & comedy movies.
I don’t like: bugs, snake, hot and humid day. Do homework, rude people~

3. What keeps you busy during your spare time? 
Play flute& piano, watch movie& TV, cook, and hang out with friends

4. What is your impression about Korea? What do you like most about Korea? 
The first thought I have is that most Koreans like Kimchi. 
For me, I like Hanbok (traditional costume) in Korea the most.
Also, I like the united spirit of Korean people, and the way how Korean people respect their own traditions and still proceeding to the new modern world. I like how Korean people are always energetic and willing to help. I like this country so much!!

Buddies from Abroad with BFA Coordinator Lia

5. What is your impression of CUK and its Vision of becoming and International Hub? 
I think CUK is working really well on promoting the school to the world. With GEO program, I can see students learning English rapidly. My impression of CUK is that its Psychology graduate program is really famous over the entire county. As a psychology major student, I want to have a chance to come to CUK to continue my studies. Also, I think CUK is working really hard to make its facilities state of the art. It is well prepared as an international hub. I love CUK, everything's just awesome!

6. Expectations from GEO, GEO students
I want to be a good buddy, a friend to GEO students. I like to learn the different perspective from either Korean students or professors. I think GEO is a really great program. I really enjoyed the company of my 2-1 class!



Christine enjoying her bonding moments with her GEO class 


7. Things you want to impart to readers 
Before I came to Korea, I was expecting that there must be a lot of differences between Korea and my hometown, Taiwan. However, once I got here, I felt a lot of similarities and harmonies. For instance, good food and great people, combination of history and modern outlook.
I especially like the dormitory in CUK. It is clean, convenient, quiet, with big rooms, and secure which is so different from the dorm back home! I really enjoyed the time here in Korea, it is just so energetic!
I came to Korea with the purpose of meeting four faces of Korea. First, traditional Korea, second, modern Korea; Third, pop Korea, and forth, the International Korea.
I am hoping that at the end of the program, I get to see so much more that I didn’t even think about! I am really looking forward to the following days here at CUK, Korea!    


Christine's picture of the GEO 28 Sports Night
GEO students happily participated in the games

 8. Message to GEO 18 students
My dear friends in GEO18, especially my beloved class 2-1! Just like what I said on the first day; I expect you guys to Enjoy, be active, keep your passion and just have fun studying English! With the intensive program of GEO, I believe that at the end, you will realize how far you’ve already gone and I want all of you to take the credit for it, for that you guys have been most amazing either in individual meeting or in classes. I am very proud of you guys and looking forward to the rest of the days, and I hope you guys enjoy this program as much as I do. Lastly, I want to quote that “A man who has a "Why" to live for, can bear almost any "How"------Frankl”.  Find your goal in English learning, and you shall never fall!!!! Fighting!!!!