Friday, July 5, 2013

GEO and CUK

Why did you choose to study at CUK? What is your favorite thing about the campus?
Class 3-1

It is a fact that choosing what university to attend has tremendous importance on our lives. Some students apply for their university with no reason or they choose a certain university because they are not qualified for other universities. But I had a special reason for choosing C.U.K. I believed that it is possible to improve my ability in Korea, not in abroad. And there are several reasons to support my opinion, but I want to make it short with two reasons. One is the exact comprehension on my major and another one is my vision.

DONT FOLLOW, BUT LEAD IT!
First, the most important reason for my application was to understand my major well: computer science and engineering. Modern society has made huge leaps in IT industries. Even though Korea is called IT-Powers, a number of new technologies have been invented in the other countries, so I am here to study computer and contribute to Korea's IT industry. Some people said it is possible to learn computer technology alone, but it is not so easy for me to catch up with the flow of the present movement.
A lot of student follow name of universities - they apply universities because of it's name value. However, in my case, I didn't want to follow these students, and I just followed my own opinion. To find the university which acknowledges my ability and on as much as possible.

MY VISION, MY DREAM.
Second, these days, C.U.K. focuses on international programs such as GEO (Global English Outreach) program. After graduating C.U.K., I want to work for the international company. Using the experiences that I had in Global English Outreach program in C.U.K., I want to cooperate well with my co-workers who came from different countries and acquire various information and make myself a versatile person. I think the proper person in a international company should understand others and also adapt himself fast in different cultures. And I eagerly want to learn how to study and work with the others -teamwork- and how to learn logical method through the discussion-class. And also I want to get know-hows to solve various problems and broaden my experiences on my major. And I want to be a right person who can handle co-project with any foreign companies in anytime and anywhere. And I want to be a good senior who can give good advices to juniors in college and to become a prominent person in C.U.K.


Considering all the explanations above, I think it was a wise choice to come to C.U.K. than other universities because I can take many advantages from this university. I hope I fully explained my position on this matter.

BY - Dong-woo Kim