Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Class Blog: Fun Dream Job



When, I received the topic that needs to describe a fun dream job that I want to have, only two things came into my mind. First, to be a librarian in the Harry Potter’s magic library. Then, the other one is to be a scuba diver in Cebu. Here are the reasons why I hope to have these fun dream jobs.

First, I want to be a librarian in Harry Potter’s magic library. When I read the Harry Potter series for the first time, these books were shocking to me. Because, I never think about magic world’s story. So, I was very surprised and started to admire Harry Potter’s magic world. I think Harry Potter has many famous scenes, but my favorite scene is, when the characters, Harry, Hermione, and Ron, met in library and talked about serious problems. Harry Potter’s library had a lot of books, and big space to rest or read. So, I want to work in library because of my admiration. And, I also worked as a librarian assistant when I was in high school. So, I know how to arrange the books, and the library gives comfort to me when I am always in library. I think I like silence, so maybe this point made me want to be a librarian. Another reason is I want to see what happens in Harry Potter’s magic library. Because of these reasons, I want to have a job that works in Harry Potter’s magic library.


Second, I want to be a scuba diver in Cebu. Nowadays, I didn’t go anywhere (I stayed only in my home). Because, I was attending an academy for preparing the College Scholastic Ability Test. After finishing the test, I thought I want to go beach and swim all day. So, I think scuba diver is good job to feel freedom and enjoy nature. Since I know how to swim, the first requirement for the scuba diving is checked! In addition, I want to see fishes, corals, starfishes and etc. I also heard Cebu is good place to feel nature, so I chose to be a scuba diver in Cebu.

So, “What is the fun dream job?”, for me being a librarian in Harry Potter’s magic library and a scuba diver in Cebu is the most fun job that I could ever imagine. So, what’s yours?


Soo Yeon Kim is in Professor Peter's class, 2-3. She is a student for GEO 28.