Thursday, August 13, 2009

Golden Bell : The South African Champions


Golden Bell Winners from South Africa


The South African team won the final round of the Golden Bell Team Speed Quiz! I met the winning team members, Young Ju, Hye Rim, Sang Hwa, and me! I am a reporter of the press club, so I just interviewed the three of them.


Q: Why did you do so well?

Young Ju: Because of my wit? (Laugh) My team members also have wit. Even though we practice it just twice, we cooperated very will with each.

Hye Rim: I just used lots of body language!

Sang Hwa: I’m always playing “Taboo” in the Board Game Club! I really want to thank the professor. “Thanks Alice!!” She taught us how to be a good player of this game, and to be friendly with all team members!


Q: Did you expect to be the winners?

Young Ju: I didn’t expect that we would be the winners When we were practicing the speed quiz in our team, we made a lot of mistakes.

Hye Rim: Absolutely not. Our T.A. (Chan Ho) said “You guys really suck! Are you real representatives?” So I was so depressed. But we got the prize! See?!

Sang Hwa: Yeah!! I had lots of confidence!


Q: What was the most memorable word to you?

Young Ju: 2NE1. When I answered the word, I sang a bit of the song, so everyone in the room was laughing.

Hye Rim: One girl from team U.S.A. explained the word “she’s gone” very funny, humming the song! Although we didn’t recognize what she was singing, the competitor got the answer. How wonderful!

Sang Hwa: Of course, “Oalleh!”


Q: What was the hardest word to explain ?

Young Ju: “Presentation.” I didn’t expect that the student would understand it because I just explained it as “Professor Gun Young Park” Only students who took his class understand what connection is with Prof. Park and “Presentation.”

Hye Rim: Some sentences like “Hey, babe.”

Sang Hwa: “Cockroach”


They got 100 points from winning the Speed Quiz game. After the Speed Quiz team South Africa is on the first rank! Go, go, SA! Cheer up other teams! Two weeks left !!


Journalist : Yuri Bae.


Photographer : Oh-young, Kwon


What is the GOLDEN BELL contest?


On Wednesday, we had a Golden Bell contest. Participants had to do a speed quiz. Each team had to choose 4 students for the game. At first, all students practiced several times and selected the participants. After this team time, all students went to the Pyramid hall. Representatives of each country sat in front of the other students.


The game was played like this :
When some words were shown on the screen, 3 participants explained words, taking a turns. The fourth member had to guess what the word was. Teams got a high score if they could guess many words in a short time.Min-kyung, Eun-hye, Sang-jun, Young-eun was selected for the Canadian team.I also participated in this game.



All the participants said “It was so stressful but very fun!! ". Although we knew some words, it was not easy to explain the definition. The audience , who didn’t participate in the game concentrated on supporting their teams. It was a good opportunity to have close relationship with teammates. The winner of the game was the South African team.


Journalist
Young-Ju, Park

Photographer
Ji-Yeon, Nam


1 comment:

Chanho Park said...

I did not say 'you guys are suck!'
I am so innocent!!