Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I've learned not only English, but also everything else! :)

A student of Sungsim campus of CUK : Ga-ram Moon


Q1. Why did you decide to join the GEO program?

Actually, my hometown is so far from here, so I had to stay in dormitory during the vacation as usual. Then, I heard about the G.E.O program, and I thought it will be a great chance to learn English. So I decided to participate in the G.E.O program this winter.

Q2. What is the most helpful program for you in GEO?
First, I can use English all day, and  all night in the G.E.O program. During the program, all the students have to use English, not only in the classroom but also in the dormitory. I think, it's the most helpful thing for improving English Conversation skills. It's not that easy to speak English all day, have a conversation in English, and have a speech in front of other people in Korea. But, it  become possible in the G.E.O program. That's why my English speaking ability improved during the program. I got a lot of confidence, and now I can speak without hesitation!

 
Q3. What is the most interesting class you took during G.E.O program?
Professor of my main class was Nicolaas. He was so generous, kind, and open-minded. I enjoyed all the classes, and it was really remarkable. All the classmates were enthusiastic while learning English, so it was completely great. In my main class, I learned not only English, but also about world-wide issues and common senses, so it was a valuable time for me.


Q4. Please tell me about your impressions of the  G.E.O program.
In my opinion, the most effective way to learn English is to go abroad and make a relationship with native-speakers. But it costs a lot, and we have to spend huge amount of time to speak English like a native speaker  abroad. For going abroad, we have to take a long break in our university life, and we don't have enough time to study our major.

I'm sure that the G.E.O program is one of the most effective ways to improve our English speaking ability in Korea. The G.E.O program makes me realize that we can learn English in Korea as well as  we can by studying abroad. In  the G.E.O program, I could make a good relationship a lot of native speaker professors and teacher assistants, and it makes me cheerful and gives me a lot of confidence. And I'm sure that it was really  a precious time to make new relationships with teachers and classmates who have an enthusiastic heart for English.


Reporter : Hye-won

No comments: