Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Korea is simply the place to be

If someone asked me ‘Why do you love Korea?,” how can I respond to him or her? Perhaps, every Korean loves Korea because it is ‘our country.’ But I have to answer this difficult question, and I finally found the answer why I love my country.

Take your pick. Chicken to suit your taste. A number of chicken dishes to choose from. Fried chicken with sliced green onion. Fried chicken covered with spicy and sweet sauce.

First, it is all about chicken dishes! Korea is a paradise of chicken dishes. From simply fried chicken to boiled chicken, there are so many kinds of chicken dish. I love fried chicken with sliced green onion. Sliced green onion reduces the fried chicken’s oily taste. Also, the chicken’s crispy texture makes the green onion more delicious. My brother, who is addicted to chicken dishes, said that the best chicken is the fried chicken with spicy sauce. Yes, there is another delicious kind of chicken. Only Korea has this. It is fried chicken covered with spicy and sweet sauce. If you have never eaten it, you can’t understand this. But after you eat this chicken, you could get addicted to it.

Next is Korea’s great delivery system. I heard Japan and other countries have poor delivery system. Especially Japan, if someone sent a package to his or her friend, he or she would receive it after 1-2 weeks. In Korea, nobody think it could happen. Every delivery takes only 2-3 days; 1 week is perhaps the latest. As an example, I deposited money to Interpark one early morning. I thought I would receive my books on the next day. However, I got my books late that night! It took only one day! Many foreigners might be surprised with this speed; some Koreans like me get surprised, too! I really love this fantastic system so I think if I went abroad, I can’t understand why deliveries are late.

Why I love Korea? Because of its... Trusted and ever dependable Korea Post. And because it is Haven of Cosmetics (skincare and haircare)


Yes, there is another reason why I love Korea! This is because of the good quality and cheap prices of its clothing and cosmetics. Korea is famous for its cheap and nice cosmetics like Innisfree, Etude House, Tony Moly, etc. I truly love Etude House for its colored make-up and Innisfree for its base make-up. Etude House has many cute and pretty cosmetics. The range of their make-up’s palette is really gorgeous. Colorful and beautiful is their slogan. On the other hand, Innisfree’s slogan is health and well-being. Their quality is really nice, so I think they are better than any other expensive cosmetic brands. In Dongdaemun and Myeongdong, there are many clothing stores. They sell wonderful clothing. I think their quality don’t fall behind expensive brands, as well. They have beautiful and nice quality, and above all, cheap prices.

Next, the subway system is the other reason why I love Korea. Korean subway is clean and very convenient. My cousin who lives in London doesn’t like London’s subway because it’s not clean. Also, when I went to Tokyo I was really confused on how to transfer to another subway line. Compare to these, Korean subway is like heaven.

The last but not the least reason is my family. I sincerely love my family. I couldn’t imagine my life without them. My parents, my younger brother and my relatives live in Korea except for the one who lives London. Anyway, I can’t live without them, and a country without my family is just nothing to me. I love Korea, my motherland. That is why for me, Korea is simply the place to be.

Article written by Jeeyoung Ryu

from GEO Class 4-3 (Prof. Peter Jenkins and TA China Pring)