Friday, December 2, 2011

My awesome Global Lounge experience

My experience in global lounge is very interesting and valuable. The very first time I went to the Global Lounge, it was amazing for me. Every person spoke in English in that place. I thought that it seemed like a small America in CUK. It was so awkward for me but I came to like Global Lounge. I love playing board games there and drinking OBF’s ‘OREO shake’!

Want to play board games? Just go to GEO Global Lounge front desk and our friendly GEO Global Lounge Manager and staff, Jinju, Heejong and Solsem will be happy to assist you

When I borrowed board game at the front desk, I used to be embarrassed with the fact that I couldn’t speak English well. I couldn’t articulate even such a simple conversation! I understood then that learning and speaking English are two different things. Knowing my English ability was a very valuable revelation for me. That experience made me realize that I have to study English more.

In fact, while I play games, speaking in English is very hard for me. However, the more I play games, the more I try to speak, the more comfortable I am in conversing in English. Watching movie or American drama series during my break time between classes is a lot of fun too. I think the Global Lounge has been playing a vital role in increasing students’ English abilities, providing a venue to use English more often.

Generally, Korean students hardly have enough chances to speak in English and to know Western culture. But CUK students can learn not only English conversation skills but also Western culture in the Global Lounge.

I hope that students can actively participate in more festivals or programs. I hope the events in Global Lounge can be open to the public so more students can participate and join in the activities. At present, there are many programs already, but it is hard to know. So I suggest that our school actively promote these programs as it is very beneficial to the student populace.

Indeed, going to the Global Lounge for the past two years, I can say that my experience in Global Lounge was truly awesome! And it still continues to be splendid! I hope you get the chance to experience it yourself too. That way you will know what I am talking about.

Article written by Jung Ye-sol

from GEO Class 3-1 (Prof. Roger Foard and TA Young Ju )