Monday, July 15, 2013

GEO 24 and team competition2

How was the Team Competition 2? Did you enjoy it?
Class 3-2

On July 5th, we had second team competition. The title was "Game show". My team was Italy and my team T.A. prepared this competition so our team members were really looking forward to it. The first round was "Golden bell" game; and the first question was very interesting. It was "What does GEO stand for?” and the answer was “Global English Outreach”. Actually it was just a warm up question so it seemed many students did not care much about the answer. But while we were doing first round, they gave us the exact same question. Many of the students were unable to answer it because they thought warm up question was not important.  I think T.A. knew that kind of things would happen, so they made a trap in this game. As for the other questions, I think the hardest questions were the ones that required us to write down name of the famous actors. I didn't know the spelling but my partner knew it, therefore I think it is always better to work with others instead of working alone.
The second round Jeopardy was more like a real "team competition" which all team members had to dedicate for the team. Every team sat together and team leaders were the only ones who were allowed to send the answers to the judge. It was a really hard game because in my team, there was no one who could type fast. When we knew the answer, we tried to send it but while we were typing, usually other teams already sent out the answer. So we felt little blue and frustrated about it. However, we did our best so there were no regrets.

Finally, the last round we had for the Game Show was ‘O/ X Quiz’. Because I didn't know the answer for the second question, my turn was finished quickly. But my team captain remained until the last question so our team won the competition. Actually, it was not important whether we win or lose. We really did well and everyone had so much fun! I'm now really enjoying my GEO 24; there are a lot of interesting activities and programs that can help us to improve English skills. I just can’t wait for the next competition.



By - Seung-yi Jeong