Monday, July 8, 2013

GEO and movie

Guys, have you been to the movies recently?
허창렬씨 오구굿 ('Hilarious Mourning for Mr. Heo')
Class 1-1

Last 30th of June, I went to '12th Mise-en-scene Short Film Festival' in 'Art Nine', in Gangnam. At that time, I watched very many short films. Among them, I will explain about one short film.

The title of this movie is 'Hilarious Mourning for Mr. Heo'. (The Hilarious Mourning is a Korean traditional ceremony for a dead) The genre of the film was documentary.

The troupe 'The Kwang dae' was appeared after 'Mr. Heo' was dead. And the movie filmed a scene that performed the hilarious mourning for the dead in the form of documentary. Through the film, I was able to see what Korean traditional mourning is. Also, I had a moment to think about death and soul.


(in short film, Hilarious mourning for Mr. Heo)

By - Yun-cheol Shin