Monday, July 15, 2013

GEO 24 and Team

What do you think about your team? Please introduce your team to us.
Class 3-1

A great professor with fantastic students, this is Team Madagascar. When we met at the first time, everyone didn't want to talk and also didn't want to move. We just looked like some bunch of statues. But when Teaching Assistant Pia came, we introduced ourselves and became closer. But because there was no captain, we had to observe and decide who was willing to or eligible to be a captain.

Team members were all afraid of being a captain. Therefore, we just did Rock-Scissors-Paper.
And eventually, I became the captain of my team. I was nervous at first, because I don't know how to lead the team. Furthermore, I'm the youngest in the team, so it is hard to make decisions. Then all my teammates said to me, "Don't worry about that too much. We'll help you." So I felt very happy and relieved. Therefore, I have a conviction that this team will be the best team when we finish the GEO program. Also there's no better team that can be compared to my team, Madagascar. After I got the great feelings about my team like this, I felt that we were finally ready for the first competition. In the first competition, we got second prize by peculiar strength. We also did a great team cheer. We did our best in everything, and got a good reputation from some other teams.


In second team competition, we did our best in all of games. There were Golden Bell, Jeopardy, and O/X Quiz. Although we couldn't answer to a lot of questions, we always enjoyed and had fun in the competition. Of course competition is a good chance to get incentive cards or team points. But, I think we got more valuable things from competitions which are teamwork and intimacy which I think is more valuable. We can't buy those things by team points, or incentive cards. Those can only be achieved from experiences. For these reasons, I feel Madagascar is the greatest team.


By - Young-hun Choi