Sunday, July 28, 2013

GEO Seminary Camp and Classes



Prof. Johan’s EiA (English-in-Action) Class
Class 3





Prof. Johan's class is great. He is very smart and gentle and that made GEO Summer Camp a very happy one.
By – Sang-ho Park



Prof. Johan’s class name is ‘English-in-Action’. Contrary to the last GEO Program which I participated in last winter, the classes were divided into 3. Each class has its own name. Among of them, Professor Johan’s class is about presentation skills. I think Johan’s class is very useful. In class, we saw some videos about presentation skills. It is good for improving our presentation abilities. Personally, I was interested in what we shouldn’t do during a presentation. I learned ‘don’t have a low energy, don’t talk too fast, don’t be too excited, don’t do monotone’ and so on. It is very good to me. Overall, I appreciated Johan’s class. I will eagerly participate in the class. Thank you!
By – Ji-young Choi



Class 2

When I first took this class, I got really bored because the lecture's content is not interesting to me. But now I'm very excited. The class is not boring anymore. So it's a good time for me.
By – Jong-kwan Park



At first, Prof. Johan's class seemed boring because content sounds like grammar. So, I was not excited about this class. But my prejudice was proven to be wrong because Prof. Johan taught us not grammar but conversation strategies, and used many visual aids. Also, Prof. Johan has very good voice, gesture, skill, and big confidence! As a result, the class became very good and funny!!! And most of all, my thinking has changed.
By – Won-bin Lee