Sunday, July 28, 2013

GEO Seminary Camp and Mini Olympics



Mini Olympics

Class 1

I spent a very enjoyable time during the Mini-Olympics. The three games were very interesting – shooting, badminton, and football.  It was good that everyone participated positively and everyone was delighted.
The mini-soccer game was the most fun game for the students.  Everyone was excited in a mini soccer game.
There were a lot of efforts showed by everyone in preparing the Mini-Olympic games.
I would like to thank deeply to all teachers.   Thank you very much!!
By – Eun-sun Kwon



Last Thursday afternoon, we had Mini-Olympic games. Every game was considered as a tournament for every team. When we started the game, an Olympic music and PowerPoint came out and it was very interesting.  We had three games – archery, tennis and soccer.
For the first game, we played archery. It used a toy bow and arrow. The guys were able to show their personalities.
The second was the team tennis. In one team, there were three people who had to play. The middle player’s wrist had to be tied down to the other 2 players with the use of the cords. Only two people used the racket. Teamwork was important. My team player slipped up.  We had a difficulty in moving together. However, to other team members, a newly found friendship was formed between them.
The third was soccer using mouth. Each team competed in five people. They entered under a soccer field and their face extruded over it. They could only use their mouth and breath to play. When played, some unconsciously stood up so soccer field crumbled down.
The Mini Olympics was very interesting and exciting. My team name is Spain. Spain was winner because it was funnier.
By – Yun-jeong Choi
 


Class 2

Let’s try and enjoy “Mini Olympics”!

Last winter, I participated in the GEO 21 Winter Camp. This GEO Summer Camp is my second time to experience GEO. So, I went to GEO S1 with expectations. Meanwhile, I’m worried about this GEO. Because this time, only a small number of people participated and there was less time compared to the winter camp. But, my worry was just worry. Professors and TAs tried hard for our own sake and many students had passion about the program.
  
There were many activities in GEO but it was the Mini Olympics that was retained in my memory. This game was very fun and creative! I felt the TAs’ efforts! Mini Olympics consisted of 3 games: archery, badminton, and soccer. The games were not the real archery, badminton, and soccer. So, I worried about knowing the rules! But TA Solsem explained the rules easily. So, I understood them shortly and joined the fun. 

Although I only joined in one of the games, I felt many things and got many valuable memories. Before the Mini Olympics, our team members were awkward with each other. But through the Mini Olympics, our bond became stronger. But I still missed a few things during the event. I think there were two possible reasons. First, my English skill and second, the games do not need a lot of talk. Anyway, I hope that they will continue the Mini-Olympics in another GEO camp.
By – Joo-hwan Shin



It was a great time!

Last Thursday, I enjoyed the Mini-Olympics. It was a very great time. All of us had to join three games: shooting arrows with plastic crossbows, playing badminton with companions, and playing soccer with our mouths. I joined the plastic crossbow and soccer games.

The crossbow game was very exciting. Though I already finished military service, I could not hit the target exactly because the crossbow was not good. But this reason made us to enjoy the game more. We did not have to worry about victory or defeat.

Soccer was great too. In this game, we had to use our mouths (and breath!) and shoot a ping-pong ball into the goal. This was very funny. We spat on each other's faces and someone smelled like alcohol. Even this situation was little dirty, it made us look very funny.

Mini-Olympics was a very great time. Each team competed with each other, but victory or defeat was not important to us. This fact made me very happy. I hope to enjoy the Mini-Olympics with my friends again.
By – Dae-yong Kim



Hot summer! Happy vacation!
And Being with GEO makes me happy.
It was on the 11th of July 2013 when we had our GEO’s team competition. We had Mini-Olympics in class 1.
After lunch, I saw a beautiful sight – the game setting for Mini-Olympics.  The games were upgraded since they better than last winter GEO camp. As soon as I saw the materials, I said to myself “Oh my God” and I wanted to play the game earnestly.
Then the Mini-Olympics began. There were three events – archery, group badminton, and group soccer using the mouth.  All teams played for the amusement
I participated in the archery game and scored 10, which is considered as the second highest among all scores.  I lost with the other games.
Even though our team (France) dropped out, I felt happy time.  The Mini-Olympics was very interesting and creative.
Lastly, I’d like to thank all the GEO staff.  Thank you.
By – Jin-ku Park