Sunday, July 28, 2013

GEO Seminary Camp and Classes



Prof. Dan’s Content Class
 
Class 1

Actually, I didn’t want to join GEO program at first. It is because I'm afraid of speaking and I can't speak English well. But after I took the classes in GEO, I'm happy like a child and want to come to the class again. There are many qualified programs and all of them look very well-prepared. While doing GEO, there are many wonderful activities, but I was most impressed by Dan's class. Above all, Prof. Dan calmly explains everything step by step to us. So I can understand the lessons easily and feel comfortable in class. And his fun explanations helped me understand the lessons easily. Thanks to that, my confidence in speaking English has improved. Thank you for everything!
By – Gi-sun Bae



Class 2

I already took Professor Dan’s class during the 2012 Winter Camp. I was a student of Dan. I think Dan is a very cool teacher. For example, he said, “I don’t mind what you are doing in my class, but the important thing is you are enjoying my class.” What a wonderful teacher he is! Moreover, his class is very fun, so I truly enjoy his class. And Dan teaches us useful skills about presentation. Also, he gives proper advice to us on how to use various English expressions which are not very difficult to apply. Certainly, his class is useful and fun so I like his class.
By – Seung-hyun On



Prof. Dan’s class is very active so the lectures are not boring. Even though the class is composed of quizzes and games, it is not a big burden. Not long ago, Dan answered questions about himself to students. But, it did not end there. He wrote on the board our questions and modified them to correct the errors. So that seemed to be helpful, at least for me. Helping students learn frequently used words will enable them to use those sentences in the future. However, it seemed to me that the content class wouldn’t be used frequently. Same with the hotel, restaurant, and airport expressions if I won’t travel abroad. But still, they helped me to study English. But I want to learn more about frequently used expressions.
By – Sang-hoon Choi



Class 3

It was a great class. He is a very nice professor. Cooooool guy! Also we had very fantastic TAs, Chelsea and Raphy. I really thank all the professors and TAs for visiting our campus. I know it takes time to get to Songsin Campus from Bucheon. Thank you for your hard work!
By – Jun-ho Lee


In this GEO, I participated in three classes. I studied with Johan, Tom, and my homeroom Professor, Dan. My homeroom professor is Dan. But I think homeroom in GEO S1 is less important than in GEO 21 last January. So I think all the classes in this GEO were located in the same positions. I will tell something about my homeroom class. In the first week of this GEO, I did many things in my homeroom class. For example, role playing in airport, tour guide presentation, and ice breakers (word games). During our icebreaker, we played a game in which we tell one right word on the subject for each person. In this game, I won. We also had role playing in the airport. We divided our class to 7 groups. And we created one situation in the airport. My friend and I played the role of a new couple. This situation is very terrible. But we had good results. We had presentation about our country’s tourist spots and we played as tour guides but our group didn’t have time to prepare for our presentation. We just had one hour and barely finished our presentation. I had very good times and experiences in my homeroom class.
By – Han-beoul Lee