Sunday, February 23, 2014

GEO27 and High School

Do You Miss Your High School? What Do You Think You Will Miss the Most About Your High School When You Become a University Student?

Min So Yeong
Class 2-1

Do you have any special high school memory? In my case, I have tons of lovely memories with friends and teachers at that time and I want to share one of those memories with you.

We had a special day called 추석절(chuseokjeol) which is translated as Thanksgiving celebration party. That day, we played 윷놀이, peeled chestnut, made 송편(songpyeon), played 널뛰기(neoltuigo), jump rope, and singled out 미스영복(misyeongbok).

I want to introduce a contest that I participated in and it is called the 미스영복 contest. This is a contest about bowing. If you want to participate, then you must wear the Korean traditional dress. This basically means that you have to wear 속바지, 속치마, 속저고리, 치마, 저고리, 버선, 꽃신 or 고무신, 댕기 or 머리장식. If you have worn all the clothes, you have to walk modestly and bow slowly. The first step of bow is over-lapping your hands in front of you and raising them around your nose. The next step is bending your knees. At this point you should make sure that you kneel down with your left knee first. And at last bend your upper body extremely slowly with utmost grace. And then do every step backward with opposite direction when you stand up.




I participated in this contest when I was in third grade and I won a first prize. But the prize didnt seem great compared with the experience I had with friends. It was one of the most special memories of my entire high school life. What is the first thing you have in mind when you remember your high school days? Dont you want to share it with me?