Tuesday, April 1, 2014

TA Tuesdays: Laurence, Surani, Yura, Pia, Titus & Mizzy (040114)



Which GEO Teaching Assistant (TA) has the attention span of a gold fish? Who do you think is addicted to chocolate?

Welcome to TA Tuesdays! Every week we'll be publishing fun profiles about your helpful TAs. For this edition, get to know Laurence, Surani, Yura, Pia, Titus, and Mizzy!



















Oyenz (Laurence)

Full Name: Laurence Enriquez
From: Philippines     Major: Business Administration

GEO Position: Class TA

Describe Yourself:

A serial wanderer who has a love affair with food, has zero hand-eye coordination, and is blessed with the attention span of a goldfish.

Message to GEO Students:

Let's together!! ㅋㅋㅋ

Follow me @oyenzjuice on Twitter and Instagram ㅎㅎ

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? GIRLS GENERATION



Su (Surani)

Full Name: Ponsuge Surani Shalika Tissera
From: Sri Lanka     Major: Information Communication & Electronic Engineering

GEO Position: Global Lounge TA

Describe Yourself:

It's my first time in Korea. I am little shy and silent but I like to know other people.

In my leisure time, I'll go around Yeogkok or try to cook food. I also like shopping. I am not good in cooking. But people say I do.

My ambitions is to get my PhD and continue my career as a professor. I would also like to work in an IT company.

Message to GEO Students:

Before coming here, I didn't know about GEO. Now that I am involved in it, I realize that it's the best English teaching program. It's fun and has so many different activities. GEO is rich with foreign professors and TAs from different parts of the world. It is a big opportunity to improve your skills in English quickly. So I encourage you to come and get the full GEO experience.

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? - CATS
Harry Potter or Twilight? - HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? - STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? - FOOTBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? - GIRLS GENERATION




Nam New (Yura)

Full Name: Yura Nam
From: South Korea     Major: Economics

GEO Position: Class TA

Describe Yourself:

I really like to meet people and chat with them. Because my major is Economics, some people may consider me as a boring person but I am not that quiet. I want everyone to feel free to come to me but if they are hesitant to initiate a conversation, I try to get close to them.

Message to GEO Students:

Hey everyone! I am class TA Yura. I am really happy to spend time with you in GEO. If you have any question, PLEASE DO NOT hesitate to come to me ^.^ I want to be not only a helper but also a friend to you. Let's make Fantastic GEO!

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? - DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? - HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? - STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? - FOOTBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? - GIRLS GENERATION


Pia

Full Name: Rofidella Jatulan
From: Philippines     Major: International Relations

GEO Position: Global Lounge TA

Describe Yourself:

I can be adventurous if I want to, I just choose to be safe most times.

What is your message to GEO students?

Develop your English speaking skills the fun way. In the future when you're already working, it would not be so fun because you would already have a lot of commitments to attend to.

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? - CATS
Harry Potter or Twilight? - HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? - STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? - BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? - SUPER JUNIOR


Titus

Full Name: Titus Febrianto Adi Nugroho
From: Indonesia     Major: International Relations

GEO Position: Global Lounge TA

Describe Yourself:

A passionate person, a believer who dream big, do big, and make achievement as big as possible. Like music and traveling so much. As much as meeting new people and sharing stories with them.

What is your message to GEO students?
I know you are more beautiful and handsome when you are smiling...So please smile, and let's share story :)

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? - DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? - HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? - STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? - BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? - GIRLS GENERATION


Ari (Mizzy)

Full Name: Mizzy Park
From: South Korea     Major: Philosophy

GEO Position: Class TA

Describe Yourself:

I like reading, especially fiction and i'm slightly addicted to chocolate. I got the nickname 'Ari' from the comic book "Dr.Slump"

What is your message to GEO students?

Let's have fun in GEO :D Please say Hi to me when you guys see me in the campus. BYE!"

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? - DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? - HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? - STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? - BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? - GIRLS GENERATION