Friday, November 27, 2009

Students enjoying GEO



Actually, this is my second time taking this program. I was in the summer vacation GEO and selected as a captain of the team U.S.A. In the program, we participated in many activities together as a team, such as talent show, team drama, speech contest, etc. Honestly speaking, at first, I had a difficult time adjusting to the program because I have to speak English even though I wasn’t a good speaker. However, Because of GEO program I have gained confidence in speak English. Thus, even though I can’t speak with perfect grammar, I don’t hesitate to speak English. Because of this attitude, I have truly gotten better in speaking English.
In addition, our team did a really good job and always tried to do their best. We had the will to win. This was the big reason that Team U.S.A was chosen as a Winner in the 1st summer vacation GEO program.
During this fall semester GEO program I decided to apply for a TA position. At first, it was really difficult for me because I had to study my major, thus, I seriously thought about quitting the TA position. However, I decided to hang though and now I’m very proud of my decision. Because of this experience, I learnt to deal with difficult situations in life as well as succeeded in improving my English skills. The program taught me not only English skills, but also valuable life management skill as well. 
Byeongsoo

  I was a student of the last GEO summer program and I had a great time in Yong-in. Thus, at the beginning of this semester, I applied for a TA position in GEO program. Now, I know that I made the right choice for me. Actually, I admitted that I had difficult time managing my campus schedule because of a tight schedule in both GEO and in my major. However, I really think that it was a good experience for my life. Because of the program, I was able to meet many amazing professors and TAs.
 Through this experience, I have realized that I can do anything in English. Previously, I thought I can't speak English because of studying my major, Korean language and literature. But during this semester in GEO as TA, I have significantly improved my English skill and gained self-confidence as well. I will pray for GEO program and the future of my university.
Se-Hyun

  In summer GEO, l leant what fun is! Studying English in Young-in was very helpful because I have learnt not only English, but also important life skill, such as teamwork. We had to do many activities in GEO. Sometimes it was hard for me to participate in all of the activities. However, through the activities, such as team drama, debate, talent show, speech contest, etc., I realized that my English skills have improved. Interestingly, I especially didn't like debate, but while I was in GEO I became the person who truly enjoys debate. This activity became my favorite one. If you decide to participate in debate in GEO, I am definite that your English skills will improve. I truly believe that joining GEO program is the one of the efficient and effective ways to improve our English skills.
Kyung-min Lee 
 I participated in the first GEO summer camp. It was an awesome experience for me! Before signing up for the program, I was kind of nervous because I worried that I could waste my time. But I’m happy to say that I was totally wrong. Through GEO program, I have developed my English skills as well as met many good friends and professors. 
 Every schedule was really good and flexible for us. If professors thought that we couldn't do the activity, they changed the schedule for us. I thought it was really thoughtful of them to do so. And also there were a lot of other activities like talent show, team drama, and speech contest. 
 At first, I thought it would be really awful and not fun at all. But after doing the activities, I realized that I have become more intimate with my team members and developed my English because we spoke English only during these activities. Therefore, I really want to suggest you to join next winter GEO camp! 
 You are gonna have so much fun and also it will be a good opportunity for you to improve your English skills ^^ !
Sin-sil


No comments: