Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My GEO Speech Contest Experience Part 2

Chul Woo hopes to win the GEO English Speech Contest

Let me introduce myself shortly. I’m Chul Woo and I’m majoring in life science. Now I’m taking GEO level 4 class and my homeroom teaching assistant (TA) is Sarah. When I was a middle school student, I had experience participating in speech contest with my friends. That is why I decided to join the English speech contest this semester. I also want to become a GEO TA someday so I thought if I join this speech contest, it would be helpful for me when I become a TA. Moreover, there are some prizes for participants. That’s why I joined the speech contest. It took me about two hours to make a script for my speech. While I was preparing for my speech, I had difficulty figuring out the flow of the speech. I also tried to find proper English words and make correct sentences and I ensured that everything is accurate grammatically.

I thought I could ask help from TAs, but I just searched my dictionary because I know that TAs are busy too. If prizes gets better in the future, I would like to join the English speech contest again. Now I’ve just got through preliminary round. So I’m still practicing for the final round. I wish I could get good results.

from GEO Class 4-1 (Prof. Nigel James Power and TA Sarah Kwon)