Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My GEO Speech Contest Experience Part 3

Ji Min Choi with her partner TA Sarah (Class TA of GEO Level 4-1)

I’m Ji Min Choi and I completed the GEO program. I graduated from GEO level 5. Since I’m interested in learning English, I participated in GEO courses and English contest organized by International Language Education Center (ILEC). It was last GEO spring semester this year when I was taking the level 5 class that I asked my friend to join me in the contest. I expect to learn many things from the speech contest experience. There was a certain topic and I also had to make a power point materials. My partner and I really tried our best to make a good script, an informative and entertaining power point materials. We even practiced many times so that we can deliver a great speech to audience. One thing I remember is that I was really nervous so it was really hard for me to keep focusing on my part of speech. But I can say confidently that I truly cherish the experience. Indeed, I learned a lot. It was a wonderful opportunity. How can I forget my speech contest experience!

from GEO Class 4-1 (Prof. Nigel James Power and TA Sarah Kwon)