Friday, January 27, 2012

GEO 3-2 student shares valuable GEO radio feedback


Hello, I'm EunJin, I'm a GEO 3-2 student :)

I'm glad and excited to talk about GEO radio! Yeah~

A couple of Wednesdays ago, I listened to the GEO radio for the first time in my life. ^_~

(In photo: Eunjin and her friend listening to GEO radio in CUK's Global Lounge)

It was very interesting and it had good programs. However, I couldn't understand most of the words they were saying. It was very hard to understand because the DJ spoke too fast and didn't pause or rest during their talk session so it was kind of boring because I couldn't understand much. In addition, based on my GEO Radio experience, the DJ's voice was quite uncomfortable to listen to. Also, I think they have specific accents and tone, so it was difficult to understand.

And also, GEO radio took away our dinner time! T_T
I remember the Wednesday that we were required to listed to the GEO radio, we had to practice for Sports night, but our team, New Zealand, must go to the Global Lounge for the GEO radio program. And our team professor Jerry said that after GEO radio, we have to practice for the sports night, so we didn't have enough time for dinner. Actually, Jerry allowed us to eat our dinner, but I thought that we have to practice, so I had already eaten something in advance. But I regret eating early, because I feel a little hungry late at night.

So, I highly suggest to the GEO radio committee to change their broadcasting time and for the DJs to speak slowly next time.

In addition, my friend recommended that, if we'll listen to the GEO radio with the same level, it would be better if GEO radio DJs will adjust accordingly to each level so that it would be easier to understand and fun to listen.

My nation, New Zealand, may go to the OBF and listen to GEO radio again. I think that GEO radio prepared some programs, like something that involves the audience which makes GEO radio better. I hope that future GEO radio episodes in future camps will be interesting and will give its audience many useful information!

If GEO radio accepts our advices, GEO radio will be more useful and interesting. Please consider our advices and opinions. I hope that GEO radio shows more improvement in the next vacation or camp. Thank you!

By Eun jin , GEO Class 3-2 (Professor Johan Reiners and TA Andrew)