Thursday, February 9, 2012

Get to know our Friendly Global Lounge Staff around the corner - Part 1

The Global Lounge is the perfect place to enjoy, relax and mingle with your GEO friends, while enjoying a cup of O.B.F. coffee. Conveniently located in the first floor of the International Hub,
it's the most comfortable English Zone in Catholic University of Korea.


You can enjoy a wide selection of Board games, Books, Magazines and DVDs! And to assist you with your needs, we have our Global Lounge friendly staff.

Let's get to know our relatively new Global Lounge staff.


Happy to serve you - Jiwon with Seojung and Jinju in Global lounge front desk.


Jiwon Agnes Lee studied in the Catholic University of Korea and majored in Consumer and Housing and English Literature. She previously worked as secretary in our alma mater's Dean of Student and Academic Affairs Office. She dreams of becoming a diligent University Staff or possibly a Civil Servant.

Here are some excerpts of her responses to the questions posed to her...

1. What is your impression of CUK and its Vision of becoming and International Hub?
As a graduate of the Catholic University of Korea, I am very proud of the school’s progress and I expect our university to be one of the most prestigious and recognizable university in north-east Asia.

2. How is it like working for GEO global lounge? Any expectations?
It is a great opportunity working on campus using foreign languages. I am impressed that students are willing to speak in English even if it is not familiar to them. I recommend making full use of the Global Lounge to all enrolled students.

3. What are your likes and dislikes?
In general, I do not enjoy outdoor activities; I prefer swimming to hiking or climbing. I love animals except anthropoids, and I also like planting and doing calligraphy.

4. What keeps you busy during your spare time?
I rarely have spare time because I am working 8 hours a day and preparing for a civil service exam. I usually try to memorize English words or Chinese Characters during my free time.

5. What do you like most about Korea?
While studying abroad for a year, I realized that I am a person who has a patriotic spirit. I can proudly say that I love everything in Korea.

6. What are the things you want to impart to readers (Anything you’d like to share about yourself, your life as a student, your life as a staff, living in Korea, etc)?
Please feel free to have a dialogue with us. All staff are doing their best to make the Global Lounge better.

7. Message to global lounge users Why don’t you read English books?
If you visit the Global Lounge, there is a list of recommended books. We update it monthly, and already have more than 700 books!


by: Abigail Go, GEO Blog Editor