Friday, February 10, 2012

G.E.O., A step to become Confident English Communicators

Several incoming freshmen students joined the Global English Outreach (G.E.O.) Program, an intensive English camp, organized by Catholic University of Korea's International Language Education Center. The organizers were glad by the overwhelming number of enrollees in the program. They're satisfied and at the same time curious about the motives of the students for joining this program.

In this regard, the comments of Class 4-1 students were solicited. Read on and find out why they participated in this course...

Kim Yeon Hee shares, "I decided to participate in G.E.O. program, because I wanted to increase my English speaking skills. Since I had to study for my university entrance exam, I had only a few opportunities to use the English language. When Catholic University sent an information pamphlet about G.E.O, I thought G.E.O could be a good chance for me. True enough, I can actually feel that this program is very effective for me. During the first day of this program, I was very shy and did not know how to speak in English properly. However, G.E.O. professors and teaching assistants (T.A.s) encouraged me to have confidence. So now, I am not afraid of talking in English anymore. They said we don't have to worry about making mistakes. Once I’ve tried to talk to my friends and professors in English, I noticed that I am getting better. Professors and T.A.s always listened to me and gave me a lot of help and advice. I am very excited now and am anticipating the succeeding events that will occur in the following days."

Su Bin reveals, "In my personal opinion, nowadays, studying abroad is indispensable especially since we live in an era of globalization. However, sometimes it’s hard to go abroad to study. I was looking for an efficient program and fortunately I came across the G.E.O program in Catholic University.

Even though it’s been only three days since I came here, I have been making remarkable progress in speaking English. I am really happy about how things are going.

Let me share my dream with you. In the future, I want to become a hotelier. In Hospitality industry, it is inevitable to meet many foreigners from different countries. In this regard, I must be able to speak in English fluently to better cater to their needs. That is why I am taking this extra mile to learn English the best way possible so I can realize my dream. I know that this is a reachable goal and when my dream comes true, I would like to commend and express my thanks to G.E.O. Indeed, “G.E.O program helped me a lot to become a hotelier.” That is why, I want to recommend this program to all the students. Make use of this opportunity. Learn English and have fun the G.E.O. way. Let us all work hard, encourage and motivate each other to be confident English communicators. Fighting..."

Class 4-1, willing to take the extra mile to become the Confident English communicators of tomorrow

by: Class 4-1 (Professor Tom Kim and TA Jiyeon)