Monday, February 25, 2013

GEO, I'll Miss You!

By Class 3-2

When I heard we had to go to the English Clinic I was really afraid because I am not very good at speaking in English but when I talked to the TA I realized it wasn’t so difficult. I really enjoyed my time at the Global Lounge. It was a great chance to learn how to speak English in a fun way. 

At first, I felt a little nervous but as time went on English conversations with the TAs and professors became more comfortable, natural and interesting. I really like the English Clinic. I really love the Global Lounge! The informal atmosphere is good because it helps you become closer with the TAs and get accustomed to using English. I had a really great time. “I also really like to talk to foreigners in English.”  It’s great because we could share our experiences, culture and feelings. The Writing Clinic was also great. Derek really tried to help us understand grammar. When we couldn’t understand he would also try to explain in Korean and that is good. I am really happy to know that a program like this exists in the university. With the English clinic, I felt I am the person who can be more confident and have the capacity to speak well. I am thankful for the English Clinic and GEO program and want to recommend it to everyone who wants to be more confident with English.

The Professors and TAs of the GEO winter camp are very good. They explain everything very well so I can understand. When I ask questions they answer kindly. I really like this camp. Before GEO, I hated to participate in camps, but now my thinking has changed because of GEO. This camp was really fun. I liked English Only Policy the most. If I have another chance to join GEO, I want the professors to correct my sentences, so that I can learn more things.

At first, I felt stressed because I can’t speak English well. However, GEO program gave me confidence to speak in English and not be afraid. On first day, I could not understand why I am in level 1, but now I feel very fortunate that I am in this class. I did not like GEO much on the first day but now I love it! I will miss GEO.