Sunday, July 28, 2013

GEO 24 and Team Competition 3

How was the Team Competition 3 ?
Class 4-1

Team competition 3 was called ‘Sports Night’. It was held in IH Gym last Wednesday. The team that assembles the first was supposed to get five incentive cards. It was our team, Brazil that got the incentive cards! Of course, after all of my team members gathered together we sang our own team’s chant.
There were 3 different kinds of games. The first game was badminton. It was different from general badminton we know. We had to hit the paper balls towards the square lines. The score was counted by how many balls were in the square area and the balls in the farther square got higher scores. I liked this game the most in the sports night event. Since balls made of paper were used, everyone could start in the same line. Regardless of their badminton skills, every participant could enjoy this game.
The second game was jump rope. When I heard this game’s rule at first, I could not understand how to play it. However, our lovely TA’s demonstration helped many students like me to understand the rules. Two people spun a rope, four people jumped the rope shouting the word they were given and rest of the team members had to guess the correct order of words. I was nervous because I’m not good at sports. In fact, I tripped over the rope during practice. Nevertheless, the problem was not jumping in the real game. I did jump well but our team couldn't hear my voice. So I had to shout my word several times. It was the hardest game in the event, I think.

The last game was relay race. It was the fiercest game. Even though it was the last game and everyone was tired, the runners were very passionate. Cushion race and sack jumping were the exciting part of this race. People pelted and bumped against each other. This game finished in a flash. After the event, many teams went out to celebrate. Sports Night was a real riot! Everyone participated in at least one game and did their best. They cheered each other, congratulated winners and encouraged losers. I enjoyed it a lot. It was a good opportunity to become more intimate with my country team members.


By - Ji-won Kim