Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Summer GEO M-Nursing Camp Experience GEO M-Nursing 2

GEO M-Nursing 2
My Summer GEO M-Nursing Camp Experience
Class 1

This essay is about my changing feelings towards GEO. I suspected in the first days of GEO that the classes would really help improve my English skills. I thought that I can get something when I finish GEO.

In fact, during the first day, we didn't do special classes but only an orientation. Second day, I was very tired because GEO classes start very early and I take the subway in which there were too many people. I started to regret why I applied for GEO. The thing I did not like the most was presentation because whenever I attend school, I really hate presentations. At the end of the 2nd day in GEO, I thought I can accomplish many things.

BUT the next day came and my mind started to change. I adapted to speaking in English and present in front of the classroom. I began to feel that the classes are interesting. Usually, after lunch time, we have activities, for example quiz show, scavenger hunt, and team building. The Quiz Show was really fun. I thought that if I experienced an English class when I was still a kid, I would love English and easily learn it.


The Scavenger Hunt was really exciting. I've never run in my school before. There were missions in each floor and if we succeed, a TA or professor will give a piece of the map. To be the winning team, we must complete the map quickly and succeed in many missions. I thought we became more intimate through this activity. At the end of GEO, I really appreciate it. I think that I overcame my fear for presentation and speaking in English. 






By - Ha-na Park