Friday, October 4, 2013

GEO 25 and Chuseok 2


How did you guys celebrate your Chuseok
Class 1-1

Hello everyone. I'm Hee-sang. Nice to meet you. I will tell you how my family celebrated Chuseok.

When it is Chuseok, first, my family goes to our home town taking with us a gift set for our relatives.
For other families, it takes a long time to go their home town because of the traffic jam.
But in my case, my relatives’ home is not far, so I don't experience the traffic jam and I am able to go to my relatives’ home easily. After meeting our relatives, we griddle Korean pancakes, ie. Buchimgae, for our ancestral rites. It is a very hard work among a lot of things because it takes a long time. So I hate this part and I try avoid griddling Buchimgae every Chuseok season but I always fail to escape from it, sadly. After cooking, we get together and we have a memorial service for our ancestors. I see ancestral rites every year. It feels so serious but until now, I still have not adapted to working during Chuseok.



  After that, the important work ends. We get together in the living room to have a seat and take a rest. We tell each other how we have been in the meantime, watch Chuseok special TV programs and play a game of Yut with the children. Adults watch the game and cheer for the children. Three or four years ago, I also enjoyed the game of Yut, but now that I have become an adult, I just watch and cheer for them



  Finally, at night, it’s time to go home. We bow to my grandmother and grandfather and return home. This may not be a grand thing, but is my family's Chuseok tradition and I like it.


By - Cho Hee