Friday, October 4, 2013

GEO 25 and Chuseok

My Familys Chuseok Celebration

How did you guys celebrate Chuseok??
Class 1-1

To celebrate Chuseok, I went back to my hometown. On that day, Seoul station was crowded with people going back to their hometown because Chuseok is a very big Korean holiday, After spending two hours on the train, I arrived in my hometown, Daegu.

The day before Chuseok, my mother and I went to my grandmothers house to make a Chuseok Jeon. Jeon is a type of Korean food made with sliced fish, meat, vegetables, and then fried with spices and flour. My family made Jeon with various type of vegetables (that I dont like to eat), squid, sweet potato and meat.

On the morning of Chuseok, my relatives came to my grandmothers house. All of us left home to pay a visit to our ancestors’ grave (In Korean, Seong-myo). My ancestors’ graves are on the countryside, so we had to ride a car for over two hours. When we bowed down to our ancestors’ grave, I prayed for my younger brothers successful Su-neung. After the ceremony for our ancestors, we had a lunch on the mountain. Chuseok Jeon tasted wonderful. Especially for me, Meat-Jeon was fantastic!

After we came back to my grandmothers home, my family was too tired to go back to our own home. So we took a nap. When I woke up, my grandmother served us a delicious dinner. I really love grandmothers bean-paste soup. After having dinner, grandmother gave a bundle of Chuseok Jeon to my family. With a warm heart, my family went back home.

By - Lee Dong Ryeong