Monday, January 20, 2014

GEO26 and your class

Please introduce your class.
By - Seo Hyeon Ho
Class 2-3

My class in GEO camp is 2-3. There are fourteen students. Nine students are from Sung Sin campus. They are seminarians. The rest of us are from Sung Sim campus. We take the morning and afternoon class together. First time, I really felt awkward talking with them. It has been 2 weeks already so I feel no more ice with them. During the class, we have actually done activities to break the ice. Since we don’t feel awkward with each other anymore, ice-breaking is no longer needed. For the morning class, we first do an activity called “TFFT”. This is free talking time. One person needs to speak for about 2minutes while another just listens. After that, there is a retelling activity. We need to retell the story that we read. With this, we can practice using follow-up questions and rejoinders. For the afternoon class, we do textbook work and paper work that Johan prepares for the class. I am really lucky to be in these classes because I have good friends and professors, as well.

           Among classmates, my best friend is Jung Mun-yeong. He is 25 years old. His birthday is on July 24. His hometown is Daegu. He studies in Sung Sim campus and majors in mathematics. He likes to play tennis. He wants to be a foreign currency dealer in the future. Mun-yeong is a very responsible and diligent man so wherever he goes, I think he will be loved by others.


           There is one more person whom I think will be loved by others. Jason, the professor, really knows how to break the ice. He makes people talk. I think this is a good skill in order to get closer together. He also knows how to teach Korean students. Most Korean students do not speak well during the class but Jason encourages students to talk. He is a very active and enthusiastic person. I can get energy from him during the class. One of the things I want to learn from him is humor. He is a very humorous man. He makes people smile and laugh. I am thankful to the GEO program for giving me the chance to meet such a nice professor and classmates.