Friday, January 17, 2014

GEO26 and the Game Show

How was the Game Show
Class 3-2
By - Lee Hyun-woo

Team competition 1 began last week. Our team is Switzerland. All gathered in one place and proceeded to compete. To unite all, the teams were in competition with each other. We also played chants that we made. As soon as the game proceeded, the atmosphere was passionate. The most fun activity was the GEOpardy. The answer was sent through Kakao Talk. It was written in English. A wide variety of answers came. Although our team was placed the last in the competition, our members became closer and friendlier. I sincerely hope that our country team will going to be the winner of the other competitions.

 At first, we played speed quiz. It was really enjoyable but some students said some of the words were little bit difficult. But if we considered the purpose of game, we can understand GEO team. Through the speed quiz we learned to explain words only with vocabulary.

 And, for second, we did the charades as a bonus round. And through it we learned how to express words, only with body language. I believe those two are two of the most important things in the language.



 Third, I thought the GEOpardy was the highlight of the Game Show.  I believe that was really good idea that they (TA) connected Kakao Talk and big screen together, so everybody can see it at the same time. So students were able to participate even though they were sitting down on the ground. However we enjoyed a lot. We also enjoyed our team captain’s humor and jokes. It made the moment more valuable.

 To summarize, this GEO camp is my first GEO camp, I was really glad that I was the part of this event and I am in charge of this important roll. I am very honored.