Thursday, January 16, 2014

GEO26 and the Opening Ceremony

How was your first day of GEO? Please talk about the Opening Ceremony and the first team meeting?
By: Kwon Se Hyun
Class: 2-1
Prof: Stephen
TA: Vita

I arrived late for the opening ceremony because I was traveling with my family at that time. My family and I went to the traditional Korean house village in Jun-ju. It was a good trip. I ate Bibimbab there and it was delicious, however; Galbi there was fantastic. I had a good time with my family but I had to come for GEO. On the next day during the Opening Ceremony, I met Professors and TAs. I enjoyed my first day because it was fun. I was able to remember some of the professors and TAs from last camp. There were some handsome guys and also pretty girls among the crowds.

  I also met my pervious teacher Rami whom I met in missionary formation house in Pakistan. He came from Pakistan so I learned Pakistan culture from him. It was very interesting. Pakistan has an Islamic culture so their clothes, food, and history were unique and it was very different from Korea.

  I checked my class when I first arrived in the conference hall. My level was two. I was actually surprised about it because I thought my level is only one. When I had the GEO speaking test, my interviewers were Nick and another professor. Nick likes soccer. I like soccer too. His favorite team is Liverpool. Liverpool is an English soccer club.

  My current class is 2-1 and my team is Greece. There were countries names on the tables during the ceremony. However I couldn't find my team. but some angelic person helped me. The first day in GEO was good and memorable.

My homeroom class 2-1

My team, Greece