Thursday, February 13, 2014

GEO27 and your Team

By - Jeong Ji-hye


Hello, my name is Jeong Ji-hye and I am currently enrolled in GEO 27. I belong to Team Netherlands. There are 14 people on our team along with our team professor Jason and TA Sung-woo. On team Netherlands we have a team chant called Who Let the Dutch Out. It’s based on the song Who Let the Dogs Out. Unfortunately, despite our hard work during the team practice we didn’t get a very high score during the first event: Speed Quiz.  We were a bit disappointed by the result but still determined to improve the next time. I believe we will continue to work hard and win the competitions. Furthermore our team captain is Lee Eun-gyeung. She is called Queen Bee (and sometimes Queen Lee) by our team. She puts passion and effort into all of our team activities and has great leadership skills. She takes care of us very well. I think that is because she has her own children at home and somehow she looks at us as her own too. She keeps a smile on her face especially if we are in a very stressful situation. Our professor, Jason, always encourages our team in all things. Moreover he tries to communicate with us so he listens carefully and gives us a lot of chances to join team activities. He often shares interesting things with us, like his hobbies or pictures and his favorite music. His smile makes other people happy and he always keeps a positive mind.
I am lucky to be on Team Netherlands together with my teammates. I think this has been one of the best experiences that I have had during this GEO program.