Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Class Blog: My Favorite Food




By Haneol Park (1-1)

My favorite food is tteokbokki (rice cake with hot sauce). It tastes really spicy and sweet. It is made with the gochujaung (which makes the taste spicy!), rice cakes, fish cakes and starch syrup. This food can be made with very simple recipe, but you have to be very careful for cooking spicy food. Some people like to add ketchup in  their tteokbokki, but  for my choice, I rather not to have it. Because I love tteokbokki’s SPICY aspect, so when I add ketchup in tteokbokki it removes the authentic taste of  gochujaung.

You could also try to eat the tteokbokki with soondae and gimbab (Korean traditional foods), it would taste more delicious! You should dip the soondae and gimbap into the tteokbokki’s sauce.
For me, the best ttokbokki I ever tasted is my mom’s tteokbokki (Proud son!). Since I am living in the dormitory now, I really miss my mom's  ttokbokki,  and I am looking forward to eat those during my summer vacation.


Haneol Park is in Professor Nigel's class, 1-1. He is a student for GEO 28.

Image courtesy of Getty Images