Monday, June 16, 2014

TA Blog: My Favorite Place in Korea

 

 
 
My favorite place is ‘Ul-Leung Island’ in Korea. I went there almost 7 times in my life and I usually recommend people to visit there. Actually the reason why I went there that much because it is  my mother’s hometown.

Ul-Leung Island is located at the east side of the Korean Peninsula and also closed to Dok-Do (Dok Island). So, you could go to Dok-Do easily if the weather is good. Especially for Korean, people can feel their own territory, Dok-Do. So, I think it has awesome meaning in our historical part. I also could feel the thrilled when I am on the island.

Ul-Leung Island is not that famous place compared with Jeju Island, but it is also beautiful site in Korea. The strongest point is that people could meet both mountain and beach. The reason why those two environments are closed to each other is that Ul-Leung Island is bell-shaped volcano island. With the fresh air from the mountain, we could climb the mountain. In summer, beach is not that crowded so we could enjoy comfortably not like Hae Wun Dae in Busan.

Everyone would know hot spring is popular in Japan. In Ul-Leung Island, like Japan, water is great and fresh. I think the reason is same with in Japan. Whenever I take a shower in my grandmother’s house, I could feel that my skin become smoother. Sometimes the water is too soft to remove bubble of body cleanser but it can make people’s skin better.

There are more reasons why I suggest people to go to Ul-Leung Island. However, the biggest reason I selected the place as my favorite place is I could take some rest in there. Since when I was elementary place, it is always my summer vacation destination. I love Ul-Leung Island!

Yura is a Class TA in GEO 28. You can check her profile here.