Monday, November 7, 2011

Why I Love Korea


I love my country Korea. These are some of the reasons why.

Convenience stores are almost everywhere around the corner ^^

First, it is very convenient to live in Korea. Whenever I want to eat something, even at midnight, I can go to a convenient store such as Family Mart or GS25. They are open 24 hours and they are accessible to everyone. I can even find stores near my house. Also, the delivery system is very well organized in Korea. I can order chicken or something else in my home just through calling. Recently, Internet shopping is very active, as well. I usually use the Internet in many ways like searching information, chatting through Facebook or Nate On and watching television series.

Reliable transportation and communication system. Delicious and nutritious Korean meals

Second, communication and transportation are good. It takes only one hour to go to Jeju from Seoul if I took a plane. Maybe, it’s because Korea is a small country. However, I think, that is also a strong point anyway. We also have KTX, which is a high-speed railway. Thanks to the development of transportation, we can now travel from one side of the country to another within the same day. Also, almost everyone in Korea has a cellular phone. Even young children have one. These days, smart phones have come into a wide use. A simple example of mine is that everyone in my GEO class except me has a smart phone. Anyway, cellular phone makes my life more convenient.

Third, I like Korean food. I like bulgogi, kimchi, galbi jjim and so on. Lately I was busy so I could not eat a square meal. I just ate some biscuits, cup noodles, and sometimes Michelle Food. I felt uncomfortable over time. Then, I realized why people always say that rice is very important for Koreans. It’s impossible for me to just eat pasta and pizza, for instance. It might be good for several days but a few more days after, I would be sick of that meal.

Fourth, Korea is pretty safe. We can’t own guns. There is no shooting rampage. Furthermore, transportation operates until late hours, so I can come back home after long hours of studying from school. The busy streets are also bright at night because of shops, which are open until midnight. So, these make us feel safe. These are the reasons why I love Korea.

Article written by Hee Jin Lee

from GEO Class 4-3 (Prof. Peter Jenkins and TA China Pring)