Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Interesting GEO 16

GEO (Global English Outreach) program has a lot of interesting activities.

The first thing is the Global Lounge visits. In Global Lounge, we have our OBF (Of the student, By the student, For the student) meeting and Foreign Teaching Assistant (FTA meeting). During my first OBF meeting, I thought it will be very difficult for me, but it wasn't as complex as I thought it would be. The OBF masters didn't use a lot of highfalutin English words. In addition, the topic we discussed about was very familiar. For instance, we talked about what I am expecting for my university life, school club, etc. At present, I already finished two OBF meetings. I hope that I will be an OBF master some day. For the FTA meeting, it was actually a little difficult for me since FTA meeting involves English conversation with foreigners. Nonetheless, it is more thrilling than OBF meeting since we share a lot of things and learn about different culture.

Check out the Global Lounge notice board regularly to be updated of the schedules.
You can also enjoy watching movies and reading books at the Lounge.


The second thing is the Speed Quiz. During the second day of GEO program, we had a Speed Quiz team competition, playing with teammates. I saw and did a lot of Speed Quiz in Korean, but speed quiz in English was the first time for me. So I was very excited. Speed Quiz, not only did we solve quizzes but we also cheered for the team. Each team's cheer was very different, and each team looked very promising. I am happy that my team, Guyana, placed 3rd in Speed Quiz.

All ears. Everyone was paying attention to their teammate during the Speed Quiz


The third thing I want to share is the Treasure Hunt. During the fourth day of G.E.O. program, We had the Treasure Hunt team competition. It's a game with a series of missions. We should collect clues to advance to the next station. There were various tasks such as dancing, drawing, guessing and walking the runway a.k.a. fashion show, etc. It was very interesting and everything was done in a hurry since it is each team’s goal to finish the race first. Luckily, our team Guyana garnered 2th place. I think it is one of the best in GEO program.

Indeed, GEO program has a lot of program. They are all interesting and fun. I really like G.E.O.


Team Guyana. Fight Fight Fight!!!


by Jung Min Lee from GEO Class 3-1 (Professor Nathan and TA Bo Mi)