Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Meet our Foreign Teaching Assistants on the Block - Part 5

The Global English Outreach (GEO) Program provides avenues like the English Clinic for GEO students to gain new foreigner friends. Visit the GEO Global Lounge and get to know more about our dear friends from all around the world.


Meet Liz

Name: Elizabeth Hawthorn
Nickname: Liz
Hometown: I was born in Lancaster, California, but I was raised and call Lampasas, Texas my home!
Length of stay in Korea: 6 months, I'll leave by August 6
School: Angelo State University
Terms of tenure in CUK: Exchange student


What are your likes and dislikes?
I like soccer and any other sport you can think of! I like talking, hanging out with friends and traveling! I dislike spicy foods!

What keeps you busy during your spare time?
Studying and spending time with friends

What is your impression about Korea? What do you like most about Korea?
I love Korea. I am having a great time. Everybody is so nice! I like the most that there is coffee everywhere! I love coffee!

What is your impression of CUK and its Vision of becoming and International Hub?
CUK is a great school and its vision of becoming an international Hub is spectacular! I love CUK's system of achieving it's vision!

Expectations from GEO, GEO students...
To have fun and to make english fun!!

Things you want to impart to readers (Anything you'd like to share about yourself, your life as a student, living in your home country, living in Korea, difference of your home country and Korea)
I am truly enjoying my time in Korea it is very different from my home. Korea is a faster pace than Texas but I am learning! I love to meet new people so if we ever run into each other don't be afraid to tell me hi! (:

Message to GEO 17 students
Keep practicing and never give up! The more you work at something the better you get at it!! (:

Here you go, we hope you got to know our FTA Liz better.
Enjoy your English Clinic conversations with her...^^



by Abigail Go, GEO Blog Editor