Saturday, November 23, 2013

GEO25 and the Philippines

My Second Hometown: The Philippines

Many people might think that the Philippines is a place for vacation. Though I have stayed there for just four months, during my vacation period, I have never regarded it as just a travel spot. I always say that Philippines is just like a hometown of mine where I mentally grew up and the place where I want to spend my old years. Let me tell you why the Philippines is so special to me.




   First, I met good friends there in the Philippines. Though the people whom I met there were much older than me, we remain close friends and still contact each other.


   Second, it was the place where I mentally grew up. I went there before I entered the university. The experience with older people there made me get ready to be a university student. Last, I may have done many things by myself. My friends and I went on a trip several times by ourselves and the feeling that I am independent was really fantastic.
I still miss the Philippines. It was the place where I met good friends, experienced many things by myself, and where I mentally grew up. If I would be given a chance to live in another country, it will be the Philippines.

By - Kim Ji Won