Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Class Blog: Earning & Losing in Winter Vacation

By Lee Young Min (1-3)

Last winter vacation, I wanted two things. First thing was making money. So I told my aunt and cousin that I want to work for them.

Fortunately, they agreed so I worked in my aunt's private educational institute and my cousin's clothes store. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I work in my aunt's store, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I work in my cousin's store.

In aunt's store, I make what the teachers need to teach students, I grade students’ test papers and sometimes teach math. In cousin's store, I sell the clothes, check the books, arrange clothes, and clean the store.

Second, I wanted to lose weight. In winter, I was very fat. So I started physical training. It was very hard because they said, 'Don't eat beer, pizza, chicken,' everything! I just ate vegetable and chicken breast.

First week, I wanted to give up but if I give up it is a waste of money. It was very expensive for me, therefore I had no way... just exercise.

After 2 months, I lost 10kg. I was very happy because I can buy clothes which I can't wear before.

I think it was nice winter vacation to me.

***










Lee Young Min
is in Professor Nigel's class, 1-3. He is a student for GEO 28.


Image courtesy of Getty Images