Tuesday, April 8, 2014

TA Tuesdays: Jam, Angie, Alice, Carol, Stella & Sung Woo (040814)


It's fantasy time for today's TA Tuesdays with a Liliputian, a Pokemon, a cheeky girl, and somebody who lives in Wonderland.

Get to know Jam, Angie, Alice, Carol, Stella and Sung Woo.


Jam

Full Name: Jamille G. Almacen
From: Philippines     Major: Accounting

GEO Position: Class TA

Describe Yourself:

I'm a simple lilliputian that loves hearing about other people's stories.

Nature often captures my attention. Because of that, I love talking pictures of nature.

Message to GEO Students:

English is a language. And as most languages are, it takes time for you to be fluent. Don't be discouraged if you think your English skills are not getting better.

Just keep on learning. Do your best to explain yourself. Don't be shy. One day, you will be surprised to realize that your English skills have improved. Fighting!!

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? SUPER JUNIOR


Angie


Full Name: MarĂ­a de los Angeles Zambrano Cevallos
From: Ecuador          Major: Policy Studies

GEO Position: Global Lounge TA

Describe Yourself:

Life isn't about finding yourself, It's about creating yourself.

Message to GEO Students:

Take advantage as much as you can of the GEO Program, that's why we are here :)!

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? GIRLS GENERATION



Alice

Full Name: Kim Seol Hwa
From: South Korea          Major: Consumer & Housing

GEO Position: Class TA

Describe Yourself:

Describe myself in 140 characters? Sure. Why not? I am Alice from wonderland. I'm staying here because I forgot how to go back.

Message to GEO Students:

There will be no one to hold such events like in GEO for you anymore. Enjoy when you have them as well as I did. I miss the days that I was a student of GEO. Have FUN!

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? CATS
Harry Potter or Twilight? HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? GIRLS GENERATION


Carol

Full Name: Carol Salvacion
From: Philippines          Major: International Relations

GEO Position: Global Lounge TA

Describe Yourself:

Cheeky™. Come and say, Hi!

Message to GEO Students:

Lets have fun in GEO together! If you see us around the campus, don’t be afraid to approach us. Don’t worry, we don’t bite... See ya!!! ☺

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? CATS
Harry Potter or Twilight? HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? FOOTBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? SUPER JUNIOR



Stella

Full Name: Marstella Minelko
From: Indonesia          Major: Biotechnology

GEO Position: Global Lounge TA

Describe Yourself:

I'm shy at first, but when people get to know me better they will find out the 'real me'.

I like science and sports (especially basketball). I am random, impulsive, and spontaneous.

I believe that life begins at the end of my comfort zone.

Message to GEO Students:

As I believe that 'life begins at the end of your comfort zone', so you should take a step out of your comfort zone (Korean language) and speak in English :)

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR WARS
Football or Basketball? BASKETBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? SUPER JUNIOR



Sung Woo (a.k.a. Pikachu)

Full Name: Sung Woo
From: South Korea          Major: Psychology

GEO Position: Class TA

Describe Yourself:

My name is Sung Woo and I'm a class TA of 2-1 this semester.

I'm also working in the ROTC. So you can see me wearing ROTC uniform.

Message to GEO Students:

Sometimes I don't remember you are GEO students, because there are so many people I meet everyday.

So when you see me, Just say hi first please so that I can notice you. Thanks~

Quick Picks:

Cats or Dogs? DOGS
Harry Potter or Twilight? HARRY POTTER
Star Wars or Star Trek? STAR TREK
Football or Basketball? FOOTBALL
Girls Generation or Super Junior? GIRLS GENERATION